When your Windows Search is not working properly v.04

So my windows started to act strangely when I needed it badly. I couldn't search for the control panel, and many other applications, including those located in obscure places.

So I decided to fix the windows search problem. I googled it and found a lot of similar problems and different kinds of solutions, but none of them works. I have even reinstalled windows (without deleting applications).

But this thread leads me to the answer:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-win_cortana/no-settings-or-control-panel-items-in-search/36fa2c3a-9589-4b6a-9a94-030060c87386?page=4

the answer by mrmattsir didn't work for me but it made me tried to do this:

windows explorer > Drive C: > (right-click) Properties >  uncheck the allow files on this drive to have contents indexed... (apply) > recheck the allow files on this drive to have contents indexed (apply). Note: this process could take a lot of time to complete

And thank God it works, now my windows search can find the control panel, office, and other applications. : ) Awesome community, worth dearly to be a part of such a community.

Komentar

Postingan populer dari blog ini

Matthew 6:34, worries and the system of money

Piracy and Expectation

The Golden Sticker v.07